Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Foot Massage Massage

Today, the 6-year old teachers at my school went to a nearby massage place that is actually called "Foot Massage Massage" for, you guessed it, foot massages.

I've read that Shenzhen is known as "Hong Kong's spa" because of the number of people from Hong Kong that take day trips just to get pampered at one of the many cheap spas in town. Mel and I had pretty painful massage experiences in Korea, so I probably wouldn't have tried another Asian massage if it weren't for my co-workers assurance that this place was good. And it so was!!

After entering we went to the second floor.

We rushed to get there before 5pm, because the massages are cheaper if you go in the afternoon. There was a whole menu of different massages your could request- some for brain nervousness, "anti-acnes", and one that treats depression. Next time, though, I'm getting the kung-fu massage. Hiiiiiii YA!

We were sat in a room full of lazyboy chairs and our feet were placed in basins of warm brownish water. The foot massage actually started with a full back, neck, head, arm and shoulder massage that lasted about half an hour. Then, my feet were dried off, sprayed with essential oils, and massaged for another 40 minutes.

Kerry and Shelley with their lubed up legs.

Kristi, Amanda and I. My face looks a little red, so this might have been taken right after my masseuse told me I have "face like apple".

Amanda got an extended foot scraping treatment, which required the masseuse to wear my mom's favorite headgear: the forehead light (if you know my mom you've probably seen her wearing one of these, it happens surprisingly often). Mel is VERY interested in this treatment and I have been told that we have to go back tomorrow. The whole thing- a 70 minute massage- cost $8. $8!! And this is higher than other places around! So yeah, we're going back tomorrow. For the full kung-fu.

Then, to top off an already rough day, check out the meal I came home to! With each passing day, I treasure our maid a little bit more. Yesterday we came home to our laundry washed and ironed, the dishes were done, there was a surprise stirfry in the fridge, and my sock drawer had been relocated to a much better location. Today we came home to salad, rice and tomatoes and zucchini stuffed with pork. It's a hard knock life, 'yo!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:30 PM

    Ha- I knew others used my headlights!! I have 3 brnds and all great! so many uses clearly! sounds pretty good and here you'd have had 10 min -maybe and nothing too deep!!BUT "apple face?"" Not sur eof that one. Maid seems pretty special-hold on to her !
    Linda Keddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went back for another massage after work today hahahaha! And then, after going to dinner and coming home with leftovers, we noticed that our maid had cooked for us tonight too. She is only supposed to cook on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Anyway, it looks great but we're stuffed. Want some?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure enjoyed the foot massage, eh? =) There’s an underlying theory that follows reflexology. It’s the premise that there are “neurological relationships” on certain points of our feet that correspond to specific body organs and glands. This is why our whole body feels relaxed after a foot massage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey nice post... i like to visit parlor for massage and when i dnt have time to visit there then do at home with foot massager spa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whether you have been standing at a trade show, standing in a research lab or standing at the front of a classroom, your feet need a rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You all look happy on that massage experience. Those lazyboy chairs are really perfect for the pampering session.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:53 PM

    I really enjoy to read this kind of the massage therapy blog and keep sharing this amazing information with us.


    massage tantrique en Belgique & massage californien

    ReplyDelete